Fee Fie Fo Fum... The Facebook Giant
Facebook is ginormous, there is no doubt about that which is why it is so important to your business. But the question is, what kind of content should you be sharing on Facebook?
This is a question I hear a lot out there in the social media marketing world, so I did some research and pulled together some tips from various experts out there for your benefit. Yes, I would love a gift basket as a thank you.. just kidding. I did this out of the goodness of my heart because I know how difficult it could be to know how to really reach your customers through Facebook while competing with larger brands that have a better chance of appearing on Facebook. Its a tough world out there, and us small business owners should stick together.
So lets get down to it: Here are some tips I picked up in my own research:
- Share images and quotes of inspiration: This is a very common strategy but it works! Facebook users really respond to posts like this.
- Share a tip: Facebook should not be all about you. Share your insights with others and move past the notion of self-promotion, because we are all in this together.
- Get Personal: Post a story about yourself, or about one of your employees. Your audience will view you as a real person. Do this sparingly though, because they don't always want to know what you are eating and who you are with.
- Sponsor a Contest: Facebook users love a good contest, because it's so easy to enter on something like Facebook, who doesn't like the chance to win something? This will boost your engagement, but this should also be done sparingly to keep the hype up and interesting.
- Ask a Question: This tip I found interesting in my research because it was fresh and one I hadn't seen before. You don't have to have to answers for everything, because Facebook users love to problem solve. Like I said before, we are all in this together and asking a question could also help someone else solve one of their problems as well.
These are just some ideas to get you started but you need to tailor these tips to your own business. Stay up to date with the trends and with your audience and you can stay out of the way of the Facebook Giants heavy thumb!