The Importance of writing a Press Release
Writing a press release is a great marketing strategy that will keep your current clients happy and feeling important, and will potentially get you more leads. A press release today is a lot like a newsletter, some businesses choose to release one every month, while others decide to do it by annually or once every quarter. It is up to you to decide how often you'll publish your press release based on your business model and what your service or product is. See the following list to get an idea of how your business can create a successful press release:
1. Present the public your new item. Whether this is a service or a product, you should let your customers know of the new additions. Use photos and graphics that will show your the new product like the new shiny object that it is.
2. Be consistent with your branding. Remember to use mention your brand, show your logo, and keep your colors consistently throughout the entire document.
3. Share the news. Did your company go public? Did you change executives? Did you move locations? Use a press release as the company's newspaper. Let your clients know what's been going on behind the scenes.
4. Show where you've been. Don't forget to show where your business has been or what it's done. Does your team volunteer every month? Was your CEO interviewed by the local radio station? Show the pictures to prove it, and provide any kind of information that will tell your clients about the experience and how that helped your company in any way
5. Make it available online. And share it on every social media platform, use hashtags and become a trend fast by tagging important brands in your field.
Is your business publishing a press release? What do you make sure to add every time?