Creating Mass Email Messages
Within the Message Library area of the Mass Email module, click "Add New". You will now be able to create a new message, pull from an existing one, or start with one of our pre-designed templates. If you click "Create a new message", you will see the following interface.
- Name: The name of the email within the CMS
- Description: a brief description of the email within the CMS, not required.
- From Name: The name that will be displayed as who the email is from
- From Email: The email account sending the message
- Reply Email: The email account that will receive any replies. If left blank the CMS will use the From Email as the Reply Email
- Email Subject: The text that will display to the recipients as the subject line
The email editor also supports the ability to pull HTML from a URL if you already have an existing email design you would like to use.
For a list of email editing tips, click
Can videos or iframes be embedded into mass email messages?
It is not recommended to embed videos in mass email messages because most email clients and programs wont display the email correctly. This is because many times iframes are viewed by such programs as a security vulnerability. Our suggestion is to add a graphic/screenshot of the video to the message and have it link to a web page that has the video embedded onto it. For more information on how to embed videos onto web pages, click here.