Creating Mass Email Messages & Campaigns
Creating Mass Email Messages
Within the Message Library area of the Mass Email module, click "Add New". You will now be able to create a new message, pull from an existing one, or start with one of our pre-designed templates. If you click "Create a new message", you will see the following interface.
- Name: The name of the email within the CMS
- Description: a brief description of the email within the CMS, not required.
- From Name: The name that will be displayed as who the email is from
- From Email: The email account sending the message
- Reply Email: The email account that will receive any replies. If left blank the CMS will use the From Email as the Reply Email
- Email Subject: The text that will display to the recipients as the subject line
The email editor also supports the ability to pull HTML from a URL if you already have an existing email design you would like to use.
For a list of email editing tips, click
Creating Mass Email Campaigns
Click "Add new" to create a new email campaign.
- Single Message: A one-time email to be sent
- Drip Campaign: Multiple emails that can be sent according to a predefined schedule
After clicking "Continue", you will have the option to select which email or emails you would like to include as part of the campaign.
You are now able to choose who you would like the campaign to be sent to. (Click the image above to view larger)
If you are ready to send the emails, click "Start Campaign". After you are done, you will see the progress of your messages on the Campaigns page.
(Click the image above to view larger)
You will be able to view reporting immediately after starting the campaign. Simply navigate to the lists of campaigns and click the "Reporting" button on the right of the screen.
Can videos or iframes be embedded into mass email messages?
It is not recommended to embed videos in mass email messages because most email clients and programs wont display the email correctly. This is because many times iframes are viewed by such programs as a security vulnerability. Our suggestion is to add a graphic/screenshot of the video to the message and have it link to a web page that has the video embedded onto it. For more information on how to embed videos onto web pages, click here.